[pacman-dev] Pacman 3.3.1 release?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 00:32:07 EDT 2009

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Any blockers or objections to going with what we pretty much have
>> right now? We'll need a (short) translation period of course as we
>> updated and added some messages, but I can't think of much else.
>>

> One objection : someone (probably me) should actually update one
> translation to check everything is fine before any translation period,
> even minor ones.
> Many times I detected some problems while translating after the string
> freeze, and it was obviously too late to fix.
> So if this could be done systematically, it would be perfect :)

Xavier and I hammered out the string changes tonight (thanks!) and we
pushed a handful of patches out to *maint*. Be sure anyone about to
update their translation is doing it off the correct branch, or use
the files here: http://code.toofishes.net/pacman/po_files/

Does someone more motivated than I want to make sure translators know
we are ready for their submissions, and then handle the incoming
submissions and get them prepped for merging? This just involves the
usual start a git branch, import the submission, sanitize and check
the incoming translation (copy po file in place, run "make
<lang>.po-update", run make and make sure all messages are translated,
rinse, repeat).

fr and en_GB are already done.