[pacman-dev] Pacman 3.3.1 release?

Xavier shiningxc at gmail.com
Thu Sep 17 09:11:10 EDT 2009

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 2:24 PM, Giovanni Scafora
<giovanni at archlinux.org> wrote:
> 2009/9/17, Xavier <shiningxc at gmail.com>:
>> Giovanni, do you want to take this job back ? :)
>>  You already did in the past, but I could refresh your memory,
>>  detailing a bit more the steps described by Dan above.
>>  I could also share two or three simple helper scripts that I used last
>>  time , which simplifies the task of updating and checking each
>>  translation.
>
> I could try doing that, if you refresh my memory and give me some
> simple helper script.
> Let's try...

- clone / update latest git repo
- create a maint branch :
git checkout -b maint origin/maint
- translation branch :
git checkout -b translation maint

now for each translation , for example "de"
1) put the two de.po files in place
2) ./update-po de
3) ./check-po de
if there are some errors / untranslated or fuzzy messages left, report
them back to the maintainer and reset git (git reset --hard)
4) git commit -a -s --author "Foo Bar <foo at bar> -m "Update de translation"

from time to time you can run ./stat-po