[pacman-dev] VCS-PKGBUILDs

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Apr 18 00:03:41 EDT 2010

On 18/04/10 13:39, David Campbell wrote:
> Does anyone find it odd that the non-VCS PKGBUILDs explicitly check to
> make sure the sources have not changed and that the PKGBUILD someone uses is
> actually going to build the package the maintainer wrote it for, yet, VCS
> PKGBUILDs don't?

<snip>

That may be considered a feature...  I have a git PKGBUILD for makepkg
and basically never need to adjust it but always have the latest version
when I build it.

Anyway, we know that the whole VCS PKGBUILD thing is a bit crap and
there are half a dozen bug reports about areas that need fix.  See
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:Allan/Makepkg_VCS_overhaul to
add ideas on how we can fix the whole thing.

Allan