[pacman-dev] Release plans
allan at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 23 04:00:09 CEST 2010
Back on the 15th of March, Dan mentioned the idea of making a release in
So, given a month has passed, lets start making plans so we can do that
Things that need done before release:
1) Nagy's -D patch should be included. I am not sure what the final
status of that was.
2) Revert/fix the cross-build library linking patch as this forces some
linking that it should not. (perhaps consider making linking with
--as-needed the default when supported too?)
3) Fix "makepkg --source" issue with split packages and
install/changelog files (FS#18831) Related bugs FS#18394 and FS#16004
can be fixed at the same time. I have most of a patch prepared.
4) Pull in other stuff from working branches
- Nagy has another couple of minor patches
- Xavier has a couple (I am not sure about asciidoc one...)
- I have few patches (all makepkg ones are well tested, pacman -Qo
"functional which" could do with a final review)
5) Tidy up bash_completion stuff? (FS#16630)
6) Look at Flyspray roadmap:
just removed package signing to 4.0...). I think the only thing not
covered above is FS#15657 (presence of new db version is not checked
when <dbfile>.part exists) and that is fairly minor...
7) Any other patches waiting on the mailing list?
Any other points/concerns people want to mention?
More information about the pacman-dev