[pacman-dev] Release plans

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 23 04:00:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

Back on the 15th of March, Dan mentioned the idea of making a release in
a month
(http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2010-March/010514.html).
So, given a month has passed, lets start making plans so we can do that
next month!

Things that need done before release:

1) Nagy's  -D patch should be included.   I am not sure what the final
status of that was.

2) Revert/fix the cross-build library linking patch as this forces some
linking that it should not.  (perhaps consider making linking with
--as-needed the default when supported too?)

3) Fix "makepkg --source" issue with split packages and
install/changelog files (FS#18831)  Related bugs FS#18394 and FS#16004
can be fixed at the same time.   I have most of a patch prepared.

4) Pull in other stuff from working branches
     - Nagy has another couple of minor patches
     - Xavier has a couple (I am not sure about asciidoc one...)
     - I have few patches (all makepkg ones are well tested, pacman -Qo
"functional which" could do with a final review)

5) Tidy up bash_completion stuff?  (FS#16630)

6) Look at Flyspray roadmap:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=69  (I
just removed package signing to 4.0...).   I think the only thing not
covered above is FS#15657 (presence of new db version is not checked
when <dbfile>.part exists) and that is fairly minor...

7) Any other patches waiting on the mailing list?

Any other points/concerns people want to mention?

Allan