[pacman-dev] 3.4.1 release plans

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Aug 3 01:12:50 EDT 2010

So, a round up of remaining issues:

>>> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19854, --ignore is ignored. This is
>>> the highest priority issue and something I definitely want to get in
>>> 3.4.1; I have started on a fix and it shouldn't be too bad but some
>>> code and checks need to move around.
>>
>> I guess this also covers the IgnoreGroup configuration option doing nothing?

Dan, did that get fixed?   I do not remember seeing the patch...   This
is the only blocker in my opinion (if that).

>>> * http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19853, No prompting about groups.
>>> Might even get fixed with the above, and with 24 votes, apparently
>>> people do care (but not enough to answer the patches welcome call).

I suggest we pass on this.  It is probably a big change to pull in for a
_bug fix_ release.

>> * makepkg crashes in terminals without colours.  There is a patch on this
>> list for that and I asked for further info but I do not think there was a
>> response.  There is an easy "hack fix" that could be done for the time
>> being.

Fixed on my working-maint branch and was just sent to this list.

> And something we should probably call out more closely in NEWS: the
> old auto-inclusion of changelogs is no more and you need to have a
> changelog=myfile in the PKGBUILD to get it. (commit
> 2cabe336eb33e443819a1d9d46b0c5bcceaa7e87)

We currently have:
   - makepkg:
     - changelogs are now included via the "changelog" variable

I suppose it could be highlighted more, but all the prototypes have it too.

Allan