[pacman-dev] replaces vs conflicts

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 15:09:26 EDT 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 8:54 PM, Florian Pritz
<bluewind at server-speed.net> wrote:

>>> Great, I am not going mad.   But not great, something strange is
>>> happening...
>>>

>> Can you show debug output ?
>> And libelf is not in any of your sync repo, ie pacman -Si libelf does
>> not return anything ?
>
> According to my (some hours old) database it has been in core.

Well the code does this (sync.c) :
    /* Search for literal then replacers in each sync database.
     * If found, don't check other databases */

So if the literal (libelf) still exists in the db, the replacer
(elfutils) isn't even considered.

But it's then pulled as a dep for gcc, thus the conflict message.