[pacman-dev] Alternative dependencies.

Kaiting Chen kaitocracy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 13:31:19 EST 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 9:58 AM, Xyne <xyne at archlinux.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would it be possible to implement support for alternative dependencies,
> e.g. a
> package that could use either wget or curl to handle downloads?

What kind of Arch user doesn't have both wget AND curl? Blasphemy.

Okay, to be serious here I see where you're coming from but I don't know if
there are quite enough packages in the repository that would benefit for
this to be worth it. Any move that looks like Gentooification I think should
be done very carefully after much consideration. --Kaiting.

--
Kiwis and Limes: http://kaitocracy.blogspot.com/