[pacman-dev] implement .so dependencies?

Nagy Gabor ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu
Tue Feb 2 15:13:59 EST 2010

> On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 3:48 PM, Florian Pritz <bluewind at server-speed.net> wrote:
> > On 01/22/2010 09:19 PM, Florian Pritz wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Regarding the current mass rebuilds because of libpng I'd like to
> >> suggest implementing so dependencies again.
> >
> > Bump.
> >
> > I'd really like to get some comments regarding this patch.
> >

> Nagy, you complained about libpng/libjpeg rebuilds yesterday.
> Are you interested in this ?

Well, I am not good at script programming, so I assume that this patch
is OK. :-) In my opinion, even if ArchLinux doesn't switch to
sodepends/soprovides, it would be useful, if makepkg supported this
feature. (I like this, because pacman doesn't need to be tweaked. ;-)

This is not the competent ML to decide if ArchLinux's repos should use
these flags, personally I have some concerns about db.tar.gz size. (That
needs testing, which requires patched makepkg, too.)

Bye