[pacman-dev] [arch-dev-public] Warning 2/2: removing kde-unstable; KDE 4.4 in testing

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Tue Feb 9 18:46:15 EST 2010

On 10/02/10 09:35, Xavier Chantry wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Pierre Schmitz<pierre at archlinux.de>  wrote:
>> Hi DEVs and TUs,
>>
>> I am about to move the first wave of KDE 4.4 RC3 packages into testing. These
>> will be x86_64 at first; i686 packages might follow later this evening. There
>> won't be any l10n packages. (they are not needed for testing and rebuild and
>> we'll save disk space and bandwidth this way)
>>
>> The same Information about kde-unstable now apply to testing:
>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:KDE#Users Note that the kde-
>> unstable repository will be removed soon.
>>
>> If you update you have to use the following commands as pacman is not able to
>> resolve the dependencies otherwise:
>>
>> % pacman -Sy --asdeps qt
>> % pacman -Su
>>

> Please report this kind of issues to pacman-dev ML or pacman
> bugtracker in the future :)
> This limitation was actually not even known to us (at least Nagy and
> I), and it doesn't seem that we have a pactest for it.
> This issue might be fixable (at least that specific case), and it
> might be a pactest that we want to add to the testsuite, to avoid
> future regressions.

I have asked several times for a bug report to be made on this one...
Here is a summary of the issue from Thomas:

A summary of the issue:
- extra/qt provides/conflicts/replaces phonon
- kdelibs depends on phonon
- testing/qt does not provide phonon
- testing/phonon exists

On update, pacman complains: kdelibs depends on phonon.