[pacman-dev] -Qi output corrupted when using screen

Jeff jeff at kcaccess.com
Sun Feb 28 16:34:48 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:44:44AM -0600, Dan McGee wrote:

> Honestly, why should we hack around terms that don't return valid
> values for us? Not wrapping seems perfectly reasonable in this
> situation.

Agreed. This seems to be a terminal problem, not a pacman problem, but
it does make me curious if your terminal supports window size
calculations and if so, what the user is supposed to do to get it.
Someone said it was a broken terminal. While the term broken in this
case might be an opinion, there is a real class of terminals known as
dumb terminals. Yours might be one. There would be no true fix as the
terminal is dumb by design.

--
Jeff

My other computer is an abacus.