[pacman-dev] Parsing variables in PKGBUILD packaging functions.

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jan 4 02:49:16 EST 2010

Xyne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any way to _unequivocally_ parse PKGBUILD variables within a
> "package" function, e.g. "depends", without executing the entire code
> block?
>
> Please tell me that you don't actually need to build the package(s) to
> get all of the variables.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Xyne
>

> *holds breath and hopes*

Well, did you read the post before yours on this list?  It shows a
fairly simplistic approach bash that works quite well and is what I will
use for the makepkg test suite.  It does require sourcing the PKGBUILD
though, so should not be used on untrusted PKGBUILDs...

Then there is the "parched" scripts being written for AUR2 that use
yacc/lexx + python (from memory...)  - see recent posts by Sebastian
Nowicki on this list.

Allan