[pacman-dev] Explicit (opt)deps for makepkg.

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Jul 18 19:03:50 EDT 2010

On 19/07/10 06:24, Xyne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think the pacman package should explicitly list makepkg's optional
> dependencies, instead of simply assuming the presence of base and
> base-devel.

You have reached the list for the development of pacman.  For discussion
of distribution specific issues on packaging, you should use the
facilities provided by your distribution (e.g. mailing lists/forums/bug
tracker).

> Using a minimal 32-bit chroot, the only way to keep it minimal is to
> try to run makepkg and then track down each dependency-related error
> one by one until it completes.

The dependencies for makepkg are given at the top of makepkg itself.  If
any are missing, provide a patch or file a bug report.

Allan