[pacman-dev] Ideas welcome?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 30 08:29:11 EDT 2010

On 30/06/10 22:08, Cedric Staniewski wrote:
> Dependency handling is a really useful feature, but I don't like the whole sudo/su thing. How about removing explicit support for sudo/su and leave it to the user to properly configure it for his needs? It could look similar to this:

There is also a couple of patches from Andres P on 2010-06-19 that
implement a configuration option to allow the user to configure how to
escalate privileges for package installation  (specifically patches 2/3
and 3/3).  I think that approach is better although I have not fully
reviewed those patches yet.

Allan