[pacman-dev] NEWS for 3.4.0 - very, very draft

Xavier Chantry chantry.xavier at gmail.com
Sun May 9 14:22:19 CEST 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 1:09 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> A very draft NEWS item based on "git shortlog --no-merges master --not
> v3.3.0".  May be a bit makepkg-centric, but numbers of patches for makepkg
> is quite high this time and many pacman patches are the "not-newsworthy"
> type...

That's an interesting git command, but shouldn't you use maint or
v3.3.3 rather than v3.3.0 ?

And maybe it's better to look at the bug tracker for finding the most
important and visible changes :
http://bugs.archlinux.org/index.php?do=index&tasks=&project=3&due=69&status[]=

But I think your list is already mostly fine, except it miss the
single most important change IMO :)

commit 0da96abc900560f21c643b255c94a60232f4a24b
Author: Nagy Gabor <ngaba at bibl.u-szeged.hu>
Date:   Tue Jun 9 17:23:46 2009 +0200

    Use sync.c for upgrade transaction prepare and commit

    This patch utilizes the power of sync.c to fix FS#3492 and FS#5798.
    Now an upgrade transaction is just a sync transaction internally (in alpm),
    so all sync features are available with -U as well:
    * conflict resolving
    * sync dependencies from sync repos
    * remove unresolvable targets

That's two long standing bugs, to say the least.