[pacman-dev] Include globbing - Was: Release plans

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon May 17 17:10:02 CEST 2010

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Marc - A. Dahlhaus <mad at wol.de> wrote:
> Am Montag, den 17.05.2010, 21:17 +1000 schrieb Allan McRae:
>> How are you creating the patch?
>
> I used the last tarball release to work against and master is far away
> from the code in the last release with the config parsing and error
> reporting that got added.

As a heads up, I would say always develop against git and never
against tarballs in the future. :) As you can see things change.

> I rebased the patch against a fresh clone of master.
>
> I also adapted the debug output to contain filename and line as this
> would make the outputs really useful on a large include chain.
>
> It builds but i have a problem in my test environment.
>
> I doesn't let me use Include in the global section to include the
> repositorys one per file.
>
> This is a behaviour change compared to version 3.3.
>
> Was the removal of support for Include from outside of repository
> context in pacman.conf done intentional?
>
> http://projects.archlinux.org/pacman.git/commit/?id=51f9e5e40a7b4c9a2a4bb61562a07946adc2bb2d
>
> The Include directive should work from anywhere in the pacman.conf imo.

I'm not sure it was, but I would guess Xavier and I had no idea anyone
was using it outside of a server context. It looks easy enough to fix
if we want to bring back this behavior, although I'm guessing there
was always a gray area with regards to $repo variable substitution in
that case.