[pacman-dev] Checking free space before transaction

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Nov 12 02:07:14 CET 2010

So, looking into this further:

getmntent:
    used by glibc, uclibc, cygwin

getmntinfo with statfs:
    used by bsd4.4  (FreeBSD, OpenBSD, OSX)

getmntinfo with statvfs:
    NetBSD

I can work with that...  the mount point struct can hold a statfs or
statvfs object depending on what function we are using. Given the
entries that we need to access are available in both structs, the rest
should be transparent.

So what I need to do is:
1) figure out how to distinguish between the two getmntinfo versions...
2) add a code path for the second getmntinfo
3) review what headers need included in each path

I could do with some help figuring out #1 as that is hitting the limits
of my autoconf knowledge.  Any ideas?

Allan