[pacman-dev] Checking free space before transaction

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Nov 13 17:40:10 CET 2010

On 13/11/10 23:16, Nezmer wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:48:33PM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
>> Hi Nezmer,
>>
>> Can you run test the updated autoconf stuff on my diskspace branch?
>> Specifically, I would like to see the output from configure to do
>> with getmntinfo to see if it detects the correct version to use.
>>
>> The actual building will still be broken...
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Allan
>>

> checking for getmntinfo... yes
> checking parameter style for getmntinfo... statfs

Thanks.  I have installed a FreeBSD VM and the diskspace checking is now
working...  sort of (the calculation of blocks used has issues exposed
due to types being used and using ceil() requires a -lm added).  But the
basics are fine.

As an aside, it was quite annoying to find that even the current pacman
does not compile on FreeBSD but no bug has ever been reported here.  So
I had to hack around those issues before testing.  (for those that are
interested, FreeBSD does its own thing with time_t definitions, so the
formatting for printf is not quite right...).

Allan