[pacman-dev] tar based sync backend implemented!

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 11 01:17:52 EDT 2010

On 10/10/10 15:50, Allan McRae wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have implemented the reading directly from the db tarball for sync
> databases. See the patchset on by "backend" branch
> (http://projects.archlinux.org/users/allan/pacman.git/log/?h=backend).
> Some of the changes are quite big (e.g. 9 files changed, 2184
> insertions, 1571 deletions), but that is mainly moving and duplicating
> code in the process of splitting the handling of local and sync dbs.
> There is still _a lot_ of clean-up to be done in the code, but it is
> fully functional.

I have now pushed the patches that do all the clean-up I thought was
needed.  I also fixed a couple of small issues Xavier noticed and
restored parsing the "deltas" file in sync databases (rebased into other
patch).  With Xavier's changes to the pactest suite, all pactests pass
(except known failures).

So I basically think this branch is good to go!  It still needs rebased
on master (commit 821ff061 makes it need some manual intervention...)

Any further comments would be much appreciated.

Allan