[pacman-dev] [RFC] pactree rewrite in C

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Tue Oct 12 21:43:04 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 07:49:57PM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:

> <snip awesome enormous code review>
>
> 13 is unlucky so I skipped it. :P
>
> -Dan

Round two! I've merged pactree into src/util and it's living in my
pacman tree:

  http://github.com/falconindy/pacman/tree/pactree-c/src/util/pactree.c

Dan: I think I tackled your list with a great amount of success. With
some good additional advice from Xavier and yourself (plus the proposed
API addition), I'm feeling that it's greatly improved all around.

Concerns:

1) Commenting. Everything seems fairly self explanatory to me, but you
all may want me to 'splain myself.

2) I really hate seeing the enormous nests of if/else going on
when it comes to output. If anyone has any advice about how I can clean
this up, I'm all ears.