[pacman-dev] Source archive with development sources

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:24:40 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 3:33 PM, Christopher Rogers
<slaxemulator at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a very early patch for backup development sources with --allsource
> option. The idea is to be able to backup all source code even when its
> svn/git/bzr/hg etc to .src.tar.gz files. This way we can have backup source
> in case the something goes down or if we mail dvd to place with spotty
> internet there will get full source code of all of archlinux. No need to
> download stuff when building.
>
> Like i said this is very early patch. I release it now cause i don't really
> do pacman coding. The source will be download to $startdir then tar.bz2 to
> $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.bz2. The source is still not added into the
> .src.tar.gz files yet. I think source array and md5sum array will have to be
> added for all of it to be all package up.
>
> I hope this helps.

Sounds like something that should probably get tied into our
mega-bug/feature request:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/16872

I'd look for something there that is related on the "related tasks"
page, and if there isn't one already doing stuff like this, open
another feature request and attach the WIP patch.