[pacman-dev] python-2.7 and pacman test-suite

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 14:17:39 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
>> Just a heads up that the test-suite does not enjoy python-2.7...
>>
>> Total            = 200
>> Pass             =  82 ( 41.00%)
>> Expected Fail    =   6 (  3.00%)
>> Unexpected Pass  =   2 (  1.00%)
>> Fail             = 110 ( 55.00%)
>>
>> Although, we do get two bug fixes for free!
>>
>> Allan
>
> If I'm diagnosing correctly, with python 2.6, the generated package
> files contain a ".PKGINFO" file, while python2.7 creates packages
> containing a file "./.PKGINFO" and libalpm complains saying the
> package is malformed.

Looking quickly at the code here, I'm a bit surprised how we do it.
The behavior of os.walk() might have changed in what it is returning?

Patches are more than welcome to fix this brokenness and maybe some
other things:
1. Do we really need to gzip?
2. Why are we making real files first at all; couldn't we go
completely in memory to create these test packages?