[pacman-dev] Issues with strip on package sources

Mathew de Detrich deteego at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:08:36 EDT 2011

This package is just a Java IDE (intellij) which is a commercial product
(thats why it contains prebuilt object files) which contains both 32bit and
64bit object files in the download. I think its also an issue with package
maintainers being lazy, since I guess technically speaking the package
maintainer should remove those 64bit object files after the source is
extracted (although in some rare cases this could cause problems?)

In any case there are two solutions to this problem, either rely on package
maintainers to remove the 64bit object files (which I don't think its too
reliable) or just make sure that strip doesn't hit 64bit object files