[pacman-dev] let cache cleanup scripts be called through -Sc but keep KeepCurrent and KeepInstalled as valid options

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 19:14:22 EDT 2011

I have a suggestion to make, concerning that cache cleaning topic of
[1]. Pacman itself seems to cover some cache cleaning functionality
with -Sc (I noticed when updating the config file). Would it not make
sense to move that out into little scripts which in turn are called by
pacman internally through the CleaningMethod (and transform that one
into a shell command)?
Another way would be adding the options

CleaningMethod = CleanupScript
CleanupScript = /path/to/my/cache_vacuum_cleaner

Letting CleaningMethod = CleanupScript accept a second parameter, like
CleaningMethod = CleanupScript <file> would look even nicer, but might
break pacman's coding guidelines.
That way everyone could staple his own cache cleaning script to
pacman. If the idea is sort of accepted, I could look into the issue
myself, even.

mar77i

[1] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2011-July/013928.html