[pacman-dev] [GIT] The official pacman repository branch, master, updated. v4.0.0rc1-21-gbd5ec9c

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 08:42:03 EDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 11:50 PM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 16/08/11 03:23, Dan McGee wrote:
>
>> commit ebb2e36cc4c40d11689a44a2503df40fa96e8fc1
>> Author: Dan McGee<dan at archlinux.org>
>> Date:   Thu Aug 11 20:15:15 2011 -0500
>>
>>     Load and allow access to sha256sum
>>
>>     This adds a field in the package struct for this checksum type as well
>>     as allowing access via the API to it. The frontend is now able to
>>     display any read value. Note that this does not implement any use or
>>     verification of the value internally.
>>
>>     Signed-off-by: Dan McGee<dan at archlinux.org>
>
> Note that the "SHA256 Sum :" line in the -Si output is 81 characters long...
Yeah, I did notice this but didn't know what to do or if we should try
to "fix" it. Realize also that non-English locales use different
lengths for the line prefixes anyway, so some might be under 80, most
will be over 85 at this point.

At least for now most of them only show "None". We could adjust the
English variant of the message to do some newline after the header
before the value, but that seems a bit hokey and would be harder to
parse as we couldn't change that for the `pacman -Qi foobar | cat`
case.