[pacman-dev] Default value for SigLevel being wrongly overridden?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Aug 20 05:54:28 EDT 2011

Is this expected behaviour for how the default value for SigLevel works?

[options]
# SigLevel =
[repo]
SigLevel = TrustAll

is different from

[options]
SigLevel = Optional
[repo]
SigLevel = TrustAll

and

[options]
# SigLevel =
[repo]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll

(the last two being the same)

I thought if no option was specified in the [options] section, then
Optional (being the default) would apply unless one of "Required" or
"Never" was specified in the [repo] section to override it.  It
currently appears that specifying any option overrides it.

Another example:
[options]
# SigLevel =
[repo]
SigLevel = DatabaseRequired

is the same as

[repo]
SigLevel = DatabaseRequired PackageNever

where I was really expecting PackageOptional through the Optional default.

Allan