[pacman-dev] Accepting patches on github

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sat Dec 3 05:58:05 EST 2011

On 03.12.2011 01:21, John Sumsion wrote:
> I saw that several people have submitted patches on github.  But when
> I follow a link to their repos, it's always a 404, so I'm assuming you
> prefer patches in email.

That's correct.

> NOTE: I couldn't find any statement of policy on accepting patches
> through github; this search didn't turn anything obvious up:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Amailman.archlinux.org+pacman+github+repos

The only reason you find github (and other git repo) links is because
it's easier to pull a branch from a repo than it is to `git am` every
patch by hand. Nevertheless, patches are still sent here for discussion
first.

> It would be good to state your policy on accepting commits through
> github here: http://www.archlinux.org/pacman/submitting-patches.html

"Submitting your patch" already contains that information: "Send the
patch to the pacman-dev mailing list". Nothing else is mentioned there,
so this is the way we want it to be.

--
Florian Pritz