[pacman-dev] [namcap] master git branch updated to use python3

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 22:21:15 EST 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> If you are using namcap for the main git repository, you are now required
> to use Python 3 ("python" package) to use it. I have added a unit test for
> the "rpath" rule, so that the only untested rule is the depends rule.
>
> I will add a unit test for that rule before adding any new features to
> namcap.

Getting an error here right now on a quick smoke test:

dmcgee at galway ~/projects/namcap (master)
$ ./namcap-devel /home/makepkg/packages/weka-3.7.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3.1/runpy.py", line 128, in _run_module_as_main
    "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3.1/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
    exec(code, run_globals)
  File "/home/dmcgee/projects/namcap/namcap.py", line 239, in <module>
    process_realpackage(package, active_modules)
  File "/home/dmcgee/projects/namcap/namcap.py", line 116, in
process_realpackage
    if pkg.prereq() == "extract":
AttributeError: 'package' object has no attribute 'prereq'

where namcap-devel (I should probably have just checked this handy
script in in a bit more useful fashion) is:

$ cat namcap-devel
#!/bin/sh
PATH="$(pwd):$PATH"
PYTHONPATH="$(pwd)"