[pacman-dev] [namcap] master git branch updated to use python3

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:59:37 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed 16 February 2011 at 21:21 -0600, Dan McGee wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Rémy Oudompheng
>> <remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > If you are using namcap for the main git repository, you are now required
>> > to use Python 3 ("python" package) to use it. I have added a unit test for
>> > the "rpath" rule, so that the only untested rule is the depends rule.
>> >
>> > I will add a unit test for that rule before adding any new features to
>> > namcap.
>>
>> Getting an error here right now on a quick smoke test:
>>
>> dmcgee at galway ~/projects/namcap (master)
>> $ ./namcap-devel /home/makepkg/packages/weka-3.7.3-1-any.pkg.tar.xz
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.1/runpy.py", line 128, in _run_module_as_main
>>     "__main__", fname, loader, pkg_name)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python3.1/runpy.py", line 34, in _run_code
>>     exec(code, run_globals)
>>   File "/home/dmcgee/projects/namcap/namcap.py", line 239, in <module>
>>     process_realpackage(package, active_modules)
>>   File "/home/dmcgee/projects/namcap/namcap.py", line 116, in
>> process_realpackage
>>     if pkg.prereq() == "extract":
>> AttributeError: 'package' object has no attribute 'prereq'
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience. I had removed some code lines too early.
> I think several rules are broken by Python 3, but the dynamic typing
> hides much of the problems : more regression tests should be added,
> especially for the depends rule.

Not much of an inconvenience, was just trying to give your new code a
test drive. Thanks for the fixes you checked in; seems to be working
as expected now.

Feel free to adapt that namcap-devel script and check it in; I found
it helpful during development to keep the tags file and everything
else in sync as you added rules.