[pacman-dev] 3.5.0 release planning

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 14:59:29 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 8:39 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> It is time for a major release; we've had a bunch of stuff baking in
> master for a while that should get out to the masses.
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap

Trying to make this actually happen. Just narrowed the list down
hopefully to the following issues:

> * Local database sanity check- ensure we are operating on an updated
> pacman database. I will have a potential patch for this shortly.
WIP patch on the list, it should do the job.

> * Translation doings. We need to get Transifex updated a tad now that
> they have changed the way things work on their end, and make sure we
> can handle everything through their interface. If anyone wants to head
> this up, please let me know. This is *not* a call for translations.
I think we can proceed now that http://trac.transifex.org/ticket/683
has been fixed. Our translators will either need to use the web
interface (which will be tricky for some of the fixed-width strings)
or use transifex-client-hg
(https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=45787) from the AUR. I will
be checking in the .tx/* configuration to make this possible.