[pacman-dev] pacman-key status

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sat Jul 9 08:33:44 EDT 2011

Hi,

With the patches towards pacman-key now on my working branch ([1] - 16
patches in total!), I have completed everything that I had on my TODO
list for pacman-key.

This should also cover all patches submitted to the mailing list except
the --import{,-trustdb} ones by Pang Yan Han (see below).  Please let me
know if anything submitted here has been omitted.

For the --import{,-trustdb} patches, I am not entirely sure of the
status...  It would appear that the original patch [2] was reviewd by
Dan [3] and a revision submitted [4].  The revised patch looks fine and
I am happy to get it applying on top of my current work but is has this
comment in it:

 > NOTE: There is this very strange bug such that when new keys are added,
 > previously imported keys will fail for signature verification. This
happens with
 > both --add and --import.
 >
 > Eg. Say you want to import trustdb.gpg and pubring.gpg from
directories "first",
 > "second" and "third", you'd have to:
 >
 > # pacman-key --import first second third
 > # pacman-key --import first second third

However, I am not seeing this behavior with --add, so I am unsure
whether it is just this --import patch that is an issue.  So that patch
is somewhat in limbo at the moment.  I will follow this up in reply to
the patch.

Allan

[1] http://projects.archlinux.org/users/allan/pacman.git/log/?h=working
[2] http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-dev/2011-May/013159.html