[pacman-dev] Scripts bombing with no args

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Thu Jul 28 13:14:19 EDT 2011

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 11:18:15AM -0500, Dan McGee wrote:
> Allan or Dave, mind taking a look at this? We should show usage info,
> as rankmirrors and pacman-key do without args, instead of this silly
> behavior.
>
> -Dan
>
> dmcgee at galway ~/projects/pacman (master)
> $ ./scripts/repo-add
> ==> ERROR: '' does not have a valid archive extension.

We never check for $1 being unset before proceeding. Probably my
mistake when I did some refactoring of repo-add.

> dmcgee at galway ~/projects/pacman (master)
> $ ./scripts/pkgdelta
> ./scripts/pkgdelta: line 147: $1: unbound variable

'set -u' with 'set -e'? Ugly...

I've got fixes for both on my 'scripts-fixup' branch

https://github.com/falconindy/pacman/commit/e99b6a131ea08829da26d62d498c33f3129683e3
https://github.com/falconindy/pacman/commit/e42d97b7370c9e30d9ae66a33f42d27460eaf137

I can squash these into a single commit as well, though the fixes aren't
really related.