[pacman-dev] Patch: Clean up API

Kerrick Staley mail at kerrickstaley.com
Wed Jun 1 02:14:16 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 1:01 AM, Rémy Oudompheng
<remyoudompheng at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2011/6/1 Kerrick Staley <mail at kerrickstaley.com> wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> This patch fixes API inconsistencies:
>>
>> A) All references to PGP were removed within names, because such
>> reference is unnecessary. All references to GnuPG's home directory
>> were changed to 'gpgdir' (as opposed to e.g. 'signaturedir'), because
>> this directory is specific to GnuPG.
>>

> Hello,
>
> If you do changes in this way it makes sense to also rename handle->sigverify,
> and pmdb_t.pgp_verify. Why choose 'sig' over 'pgp' ?
>
> Rémy.

Rémy,

Thanks, I did not notice those two symbols; I will fix the patch
sometime tomorrow, hopefully.
There were several symbols (e.g. alpm_pkg_check_pgp_signature) in
which "pgp" was unnecessary, so I removed "pgp" from those symbols,
and I changed 'pgp_verify' to 'verifysig' because 'verify' alone
doesn't give enough context. The particular protocol that is used for
implementing signing doesn't need to be mentioned, except when making
specific accommodations for a particular library (in the case of
GnuPG's home directory).

-Kerrick Staley