[pacman-dev] Pacman-3.5.0 bug round-up

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Mar 20 04:08:41 EDT 2011

Here is a list I made to help keep track of the status of issues in the
3.5.0 release that I thought may be on use to others....

Fixed:

(No FS#) - reading from stdin and piping "yes"
  - Fix in git

FS#23307 - [makepkg] unexpected EOF error when parenthesis are used in
optdepends description
  - Fix attached to bug report (on Allan's working branch)

FS#23314 - [pacman] segfault when a database includes deltas
  - Fix attached to bug report (Dan to clean up)

FS#23315 - Makepkg gives fatal error if locale isn't set to en_US.utf8
  - Fix identified in bug report.  Requires adjustment to translation

FS#23325 - libalpm links to many libraries
  - "Fix" to workaround libtool bug on mailing list

FS#23342 - --ignore'ing a package given in the arg list
  - Fix on mailing list (on Allan's working branch)

FS#23343 - Pacman does not set world readable permissions on db files
(obeys umask instead)
  - Fix attached to bug report (on Allan's working branch)

Bug remaining to be fixed:

FS#23340 - Group selection mechanism and -Sp
  - is this a case of excess output, or should the selection of packages
be able to be performed with -Sp?  I guess the former given the -Sp is
intended to be used in scripts?

FS#23322 - zsh autocompletion no longer works with pacman 3.5
  - The zsh autocompletion file has not been updated in a while.
    Do we have a zsh user that wants to tackle this?

(No FS#) - pacman -{S,U,R} --help does not show -p (only --print)
  - Was this deliberate to keep it beside the --print-format line?

Allan