[pacman-dev] Really pesky (and wrong!) upgrade sequence

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Mar 21 09:23:51 EDT 2011

On 21/03/11 23:07, Dan McGee wrote:
> Ignore the poppler thing for the most part, but:
> 1) the questions were extremely annoying (especially since you don't
> know how many you have to answer). Not sure if we can do anything
> here. If the package to be installed was constant, I'd say once you
> agreed to it, we could assume you agree to it everywhere. Does this
> hold if the package to be replaced is constant?

I'd say that the packaging is broken...   I believe that only the main
libreoffice package should replace openoffice-base, and not every split
package.  And libreoffice-sdk should replace openoffice-base-sdk, etc

> 2) I'm definitely not removing 14 packages, nor 4106.77 MB worth
> either. This should be easily fixable.

That is removing more than I have installed on my system!

Anyway, I suppose there are genuine cases where multiple packages might
replace one package, so this is still something to fix.

Allan