[pacman-dev] Package signing in pacman

Jelle van der Waa jelle at vdwaa.nl
Tue May 17 07:06:33 EDT 2011

On 05/17/2011 11:57 AM, Dark Byte wrote:
> Hello dear pacman developer mailing list readers.
>
> Right now my favourite distribution for a lot of cases would be Arch, but i
> have concerns about security as there (right now) is no package signing
> mechanism established in pacman. I've been asking in the #archlinux IRC
> channel and goit pointed here. Could someone give me any further information
> about the ongoing process of implementing package signing mechanism in
> pacman? Thanks a lot.
>
> Yours sincerely,
>
> - Armin

It's a work in progress. It's not an easy task to implement the pkg
signing infrastructure.
You could look at the devtools and pacman git repo and the wiki
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Signing_Proposal_for_Pacman
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap

Althought i don't know how up to date the pages are.

--
Jelle van der Waa