[pacman-dev] Finishing off the package signing issue -- call for contributors

Pang Yan Han pangyanhan at gmail.com
Fri May 20 22:09:04 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I'm interested in this too. I'll just give some of my thoughts which may be
horribly
inaccurate, so I'll apologize for them first.

I think the key issue at hand is not about code. I mean, over these past
months we
have seen the basic infrastructure for package signing being incorporated
into
libalpm. So it's not strictly a lack of code or difficulty issue.

Instead, the key issue is the how this whole package signing thing is going
to be
carried out, ie. something like:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Package_Signing_Proposal_for_Pacman

And this is something that only the main Arch developers, pacman developers
and
trusted users can solve and have to agree on before development can begin,
since
it has a lot of repercussions.