[pacman-dev] Status of sodeps?

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Thu May 26 20:22:30 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Florian Pritz
<bluewind at server-speed.net> wrote:
> It's been quite a while since I last brought this up so what's the
> current status?
>
> Older discussions and the link to my repo are here [1].
>
> [1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Roadmap#sodepends

Sorry for the delayed response. My biggest piece of feedback that I
levied before and got some positive feedback on before is doing
s/so/lib/ on the naming so we can extend this in the future to non-so
library formats if desired.

How costly is the find_sodepends() bit, especially on packages with
thousands of files (sage-mathematics, game data, etc)? Unlike
soprovides this has to look at every single file.

After that I am good to merge these, although I'll wait for Allan's
return in case he has any final feedback.