[pacman-dev] Split debug support

Martin Stolpe martinstolpe at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 17:11:39 EDT 2011

Hello,

I'm interested in the split debug support for makepkg. There seems to be some
patches floating around: http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/pacman-
dev/2011-August/014203.html
but they don't seem ready to be accepted.

I have quite a few questions on my mind, hopefully somebody can answer them:
-What are the requirements for implementing split packages?
-Does anybody know how this is handled in other distros?
-Why shouldn't the implementation use linux specific tools?
-In reference to the previos question: Would it be possible to make this a
linux only option?
-Is makepkg only used in Archlinux and its dervatives?

Regards
Martin