[pacman-dev] add contrib/pkgdigest.sh: bash script that replaces md5sums in most PKGBUILDs

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Nov 7 00:35:27 EST 2011

On 02/11/11 22:49, Martti Kühne wrote:
> I'd like to see support for split packages, too, maybe I'll add it some time. Using it locally, while improving my dwm patches.
> Different approaches include playing around with $PATH, use absolute start paths for testing, but once I got used to this way, I just can't resist it any more... :)

I do not understand the comment about split packages?  How do they
change anything to do with extracting and replacing the checksum arrays?

Also the comment about $PATH confuses me...

I have not looked at your script in detail, but there is quite a lot of
discussion about various approaches to doing this in the following bug
report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/15051 .  Any script being added
to contrib should support updating the variety of checksums makepkg accepts.

Allan