[pacman-dev] add contrib/pkgdigest.sh: bash script that replaces md5sums in most PKGBUILDs

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 15:36:33 EST 2011

On Tue, Nov 08, 2011 at 05:52:36AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> On 08/11/11 05:10, Martti Kühne wrote:
> >>>

> >>I do not understand the comment about split packages?  How do they
> >>change anything to do with extracting and replacing the checksum
> >>arrays?
> >
> >Well, the script does not extract any checksum from a PKGBUILD and does
> >currently not care about *sums assignments within functions, as may be the
> >case with split packages. However I'd like to add that in a later version.
> >

> There should be no *sum assignment within functions of a PKGBUILD as
> that is not a variable that can be overridden within a split
> package. In fact, it would make no sense at all...

Of course. That means as far as I can tell, the only remaining problems are
about $CARCH conditionals? Those aren't impossible to do, as they always seem
in LR-context, too, they just need to be done right. I can look into that.

> >>Also the comment about $PATH confuses me...
> >
> >Testing a package one is working on can be done in several ways, one could add
> >the source directory to PATH or create symlinks, or use ./blah... In case of a
> >window manager the latter isn't comfortable, since it includes modifying
> >~/.xinitrc, hence my seemingly far-fetched mentioning of $PATH.
> >

> What?  How is this relevant to updating checksums?

No, it's not relevant. Sorry for the noise, I thought I was supposed to
emphasize. The bugreport someone has linked was talking about makepkg
integration by "-G" flag?

cheers!
mar77i