[pacman-dev] i18n and VerbosePkgLists (was: pacman 4.0.0 string freeze)

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 21:28:19 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 8:08 PM, Christos Nouskas <nous at archlinux.us> wrote:
> On 6 October 2011 06:48, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If you've helped us out before, or are looking to get involved, the
>> string freeze for the magic 4.0 release is now in effect.
>
> Dan, alpm_list_free(header) doesn't display correctly in other
> languages when VerbosePkgLists is enabled in pacman.conf. Please see
> http://pastebin.archlinux.fr/434271

The alpm_list_free() bit is confusing here (and doesn't really make
sense); but the gist of what you were getting at is the widths of the
headers don't line up when they are translated and are formed with
multibyte characters.

This is something we did discover but hadn't fixed yet; expect a fix in 4.0.1.