[pacman-dev] Feature request: Show exact matches first

Markus Jochim ich at markusjochim.de
Wed Oct 19 15:37:22 EDT 2011

Dear developers,

I'd like to request a feature. When I search for some package, let's say
openconnect:

$ pacman -Ss openconnect (or -Qs)

it takes quite a while until I get any results on my netbook (Atom N450
cpu). Maybe this could be sped up by showing exact matches right away.
I've had this situation quite some times now and it can be a real pain
in the ass to wait for 10 seconds (this may vary of course) when I
simply want to know whether I have a particular package installed.

Kindly,

Markus