[pacman-dev] Pacman 4.0.0rc2

Denis A. Altoé Falqueto denisfalqueto at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:37:06 EDT 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Dan McGee <dpmcgee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please report any issues you may find with this package, as it is
> getting very close to being an actual releasable version. These are
> debug builds with symbols, so getting stack traces and helpful logging
> should be relatively straight forward if necessary.

I'm using it in a daily basis and it is very good! I just have one
issue with pacman-key.

I'm using --lsign-key to sign keys locally, so gpg trusts them for
validating signatures. But pacman-key is confirming the process
without asking me. It just feeds 'y's to gpg, so it signs the keys
without I having the chance of doing manual validation of
fingerprints. I think pacman-key should just let gpg handle the
process, showing information about the key and asking if I agree with
that. For example, if one uses --edit-key to sign keys, a manual
confirmation is needed to get a key signed.

Do you agree? I can send a patch, if that's the case.

--
A: Because it obfuscates the reading.
Q: Why is top posting so bad?