[pacman-dev] Manual rankmirrors.

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 25 15:49:48 EDT 2012

I use rankmirrors and I notice on timeouts pacman automatically
switches. Today, though most packages downloaded quickly from the
mirror just selected by rankmirrors, one or two went very very slow. I
guess differing routes by different package requests.

Would it be easy to add a ^S (Ctrl-S) to tell pacman to stop and retry
at the next mirror. If I ever find the time, not too likely for a
while, I might look into it. Just figured if anyone had worked on it
and thought yeah I could just change that then it wold be worth
flinging the idea at the devs.

On a side note should pacman be using /proc/mounts for Checkspace
rather than /etc/mtab.