[pacman-dev] Makepkg should set environment variables of dependencies before continuing build()

Eric Fernandez zeb at zebulon.org.uk
Mon Dec 31 06:53:06 EST 2012

2012/12/31 Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org>:

> Many Arch PKGBUILDs use JAVA_HOME, and all Arch packages are build in a
> minimal chroot that will require java to be installed.  There is only
> one Arch package that sources anything to get JAVA_HOME and that is
> because it unsets it first (for some unknown reason...).
>
> Allan

I see. For your information, I used java-environment as the
makedepends, not a specific java package, since both openjdk6 and jdk7
are available (and let people use the oracle version from AUR). So the
problem may have been with one of the java package, and may have been
corrected since, instead of a problem with makepkg? That would explain
everything.

Eric