[pacman-dev] package versions with vcs packages

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue Jul 17 06:07:19 EDT 2012

Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> on Tue, 2012/07/17 20:00:
> On 17/07/12 19:41, Christian Hesse wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > hg and svn packages do set vcs revision infos for package versions. Any
> > reason this does not apply to git, cvs and darcs?
> >
> > Using a date string has the drawback that two revisions compiled the same
> > day result in packages with the same version...
> >
> > A patch for git is attached. Any chance to get this merged? I could take a
> > look at darcs and cvs as well.
> >

> The VCS PKGBUILD system has been completely overhauled - see
> https://projects.archlinux.org/users/allan/pacman.git/log/?h=vcs .
> This will be merged into the main repo soon. It has the facility to
> specify a pkgver() function that provides the updated version.

Ok, will wait for that to be merged upstream then.

> Note your git version setting code gives
> "glibc_2.16_ports_merge_37_gb637d46" for the pkgver for glibc-git...
> Just a sed to get rid of a "v" is not enough as any tag can be used.

Ok, you are right.
I just looked through my locally cloned git repositories, these do have
simple version tags.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)