[pacman-dev] Help adding support for BZR, CVZ, DARCS to makepkg

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Mon Jul 23 07:57:34 EDT 2012

On my VCS branch, makepkg now supports git, svn and hg.  That accounts
for ~91.5% of all VCS PKGBUILDs in the AUR.  Here are rough AUR package
counts for those that are interested:

git: 4002
svn: 1771
hg: 498
bzr: 364
cvs: 186
darcs: 29

I will write the code to add bzr, cvs and darcs support back, but I need
help given I know nothing about these systems.

What I will need:

1) How to checkout a repo to a given folder

2) What url "fragments" need supported (e.g. git can build from a
branch, tag or commit; svn can build from a given revision).

3) How to create a working copy of the checked out repo (i.e. "copy" the
primary checkout folder) and how to get it to the specified
branch/tag/commit/whatever.  That can be in all one step.

makepkg will not support these protocols with pacman-4.1 if I don't get
that information (or someone else does not provide a patch).

Allan