[pacman-dev] Arguments for alpm_initialize

Zameer Manji zmanji at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 02:10:26 EST 2012

Hello,

This is my first time posting on this list, so my apologies if this is
the incorrect place to ask for help. I've been trying to create a
wrapper around libalpm for my own uses and I'm trying to get the
project off the ground with a simple program:

#include <alpm.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main(void)
{
    enum _alpm_errno_t errno = 0;

    alpm_handle_t* t = alpm_initialize("/", "/var/lib/pacman", &errno);

    if(t == NULL)
    {
        printf("Got APLM handle");
    }
    else
    {
        printf("No Handle");

        if(errno == 0)
        {
            printf("No Error Code Given");
        }
    }

    alpm_release(t);
    return 0;
}

Currently the program outputs "No Handle" and "No Error Code Given".
What can I do inorder to either get the handle correctly or get an
error code so I can investigate further?

--
- Zameer Manji