[pacman-dev] Changing from double quotes to single quotes

Alexander Rødseth rodseth at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 09:20:56 EDT 2012

Hi,

Patch 1 and 4 are for changing quotes from double to single for the pkgdesc in PKGBUILD.proto and PKGBUILD-split.proto.
Since few packages perform variable replacement in the package description, I think it would make sense to make single quotes the default.

Patch 2 is for doing the same for the url.

Patch 3 and 5 are for removing quotes when using cd and make. I was informed that this is safe to do when using $pkgdir.

Best regards,
Alexander Rødseth