[pacman-dev] Segfault at end of transaction?

jjacky i.am.jack.mail at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 04:56:51 EDT 2013

On 04/25/13 09:21, Allan McRae wrote:
> I'm guess no-one here has seen this (or why have you not reported it
> yet!!!), but a couple of people on the Chakra forums are reporting a
> segfault at the end of the transaction - after releasing the databases.
>
> See http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=10224

Just a guess, but what version of curl are they running? curl 7.29 has a
bug that would cause it to segfault when cleaning and no
operation/download was done.

As that seems to be the case here, it could be curl segfaulting when
libalpm calls curl's cleaning function.

It was patched in Arch, and now we're at 7.30, which could explain why
no one noticed it here.

-j